Acidity can be described as a condition wherein there is an excess of acid secretion by the gastric glands of stomach. Heartburn and gas formation are the major symptoms of acidity. Our body produces acid to digest the food we eat. However, problem strikes, when it produces more acid than what is required. It is, then, that the gastric juices move from the stomach, into the lower esophagus, making it dysfunctional. There are a number of reasons that lead to the formation of acidity.
HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY:
- Clove and cardamom (ilyachi) when sucked gives relief from acidity.
- Intake of purely processed mint (pudina) is best remedy to relieve acidity.
- Banana (kela), water melon (tarbooz) and cucumber (kheera) also reduces heart burn.
- Consumption of fresh apple cider vinegar with honey in a glass of water before meals reduces the chance of acidity.
- Cumin seed boiled in water and the it is consumed with meals.
- preparing a herbal tea that contains spearmint and licorice is quite beneficial
- Consuming 10grams of jaggery or gud or mishri (refined sugar) helps in curbing the acid reflux.
- Avoid drinking water exactly before and after meals.
- coconut water is an excellent remedy to prevent acidity
- In take of curd sweetened by sugar or jaggery is very effective in acidity.
- As the acid is neutralized by base hence intake of calcium bi carbonate commonly known as sweet soda is a world famous remedy in treating acidity.
- White vinegar, another base (alakali) has also proven its worth inacidity.
- Ginger is also good remedy for heart burns.