HOME REMEDIES FOR COMMON COLD:
- Lemon is the most important among the many home remedies for common cold. Take a glass of lukewarm water and dilute the lime juice in it. Add a tsp of honey to enhance its efficacy.
- The antiseptic properties of garlic make it one of the most effective ingredients for cold. Consumption of garlic soup would be the best way to cure common cold.
- Ginger is another excellent remedy for colds and coughs. Put small pieces of ginger in water. Boil this mixture. Once it simmers, strain the liquid and add half a tsp of sugar to it and drink this in the hot state.
- Hot water bath also proves effective as it relieves of all the nasal and chest congestion. Taking steam also would heal the congested nasal tissues.
- Turmeric is an effective remedy for colds and throat irritations. Half a teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder mixed in 30 ml of warm milk, and taken once or twice daily.
- Mix 200 grams of coriander seeds and jaggery in it. Make a paste of it and then add water in it. Boil this mixture and inhale the vapors of this mixture. Four times a day would cure common cold.
- Mix equal amounts of tulsi seeds and ginger. Make a fine powdery mixture out of the two. Have this mixture two times a day.