Premature graying of hair is a normal occurrence in people these days. It is characterized by fading out of hair, with the color draining from it. The condition can affect anyone, causing a young person to look much older than he/she actually is. The actual cause of premature graying is lack of oil gland production in the follicles of the scalp. In such a condition, hair looses the nutrition that it needs and starts turning gray. Deficiency of Vitamin B, copper, iron and iodine causes premature graying. At times, it also results from excessive worry and anxiety. However, the dullness of the hair can be removed easily, regaining the shine and radiance, by resorting to some natural remedies. In the following part, we provide the best home remedies for premature graying of hair.
HOME REMEDIES FOR GREYING OF HAIR:
- Eat protein rich foods. Proteins - Sources: sprouted whole grains, cereals, meat and soy in your diet.
- Eat foods rich in iron, minerals and vitamin A and B.
- Vitamin A - Sources: dark green vegetables & yellow fruits. Vitamin B - Sources: fresh green leafy vegetables, bananas, tomatoes, cauliflower, cereals, liver kidney, yogurt, yeast and wheat germ.Minerals like zinc, iron and copper are necessary. Zinc Sources: red meat, chicken & green vegetables.Iron Sources: beef, dried apricots, red meat, parsley, eggs, wheat & sunflower seeds.Copper Sources: sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, crabs and oysters, egg yolk & whole grains.Iodine sources: banana, carrots and fish.
- Drink butter milk with a 2 teaspoons each of yeast and wheat germ will prevent and cure premature greying of hair.
- Rub Indian gooseberry (amla) mixed in coconut oil (boil some dried amla pieces in coconut oil till it turns black) into the scalp regularly. It can show wonderful results.
- Grate some fresh ginger. Mix with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1 teaspoon everyday.
- Massage your hairs with coconut oil and lemon juice everyday.
- Applying Onion paste on the scalp for few days before taking bath helps grey hair to turn black gradually.
- Massage your hairs with coconut oil and lemon juice everyday. Eating Sesame (Til) seeds daily and applying its oil regularly helps grey hair to turn black.
- Eating Fenugreek (methi) sprouts regularly and applying Fenugreek paste on the scalp an hour before taking bath once in a week helps to overcome grey hair problem.
- Boil some dried ridge gourd (tori) in coconut oil till it turns black. Massage this oil in scalp and hair roots.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of table salt to a cup of strong black tea without milk. Massage this water on the scalp. Wash your hair after an hour.
- Neem (Indian lilac) seeds grinded and applied on the scalp and boiled neem leaves used for washing hair helps grey hair to turn black slowly.
- Drinking Carrot juice everyday helps to keep hair black and helps to overcome grey hair problem.